Smartthink Ltd is an approved Microsoft IT Academy Programme member. Click on the below link to locate our Academy on Microsoft website:
The Microsoft IT Academy Program is a global IT education solution connecting students, instructors, institutions, and communities through a life-long learning model of technology-skills development. It provides a fantastic opportunity for academic institutions to gain access to an incredible range of benefits, most of which will replace the current spend in many areas such as courseware and curriculum, staff training, lab software, eLearning, deployment of software.
The programme was developed to bridge the gap between education and the real-world by empowering students with the IT skills they’ll need for college and for a career in today’s technology centered job market. The program also enables educators by providing the professional development resources they need to be successful in the classroom.
Why Microsoft IT Academy Programme?
Acquiring skills on the latest technologies helps students to become better collaborators, communicators, critical thinkers, innovators, problem solvers and citizens of our global economy. More than 65% of today’s jobs require some degree of technology skills, and experts say that percentage will increase to 80% in the next decade.
Microsoft believes that technology skills are essential to the prosperity of both individuals and nations. These skills contribute to economic growth through increased productivity and by creating greater capacity to adopt new technologies, ways of working, and new sources of innovation.
What it entails?
• Ready-to-use, customizable lesson plans including links to relevant Microsoft E-Learning and free demos and videos;
• E-reference provides digital access for educators to more than 600 technology books, searchable by topic, technology and subject;
• The Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) series delivers a complete learning and teaching framework developed specifically for use in an academic setting;
• Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) is instructor-led training intended for IT professionals and developers who build, support, and implement solutions by using Microsoft technologies.
Microsoft Certifications differentiate students in today’s competitive job market and broaden their employment opportunities:-
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
• Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
• Microsoft Certifications Solutions Associate/Expert
• The Microsoft IT Academy program prepares educators and students for industry-recognized certifications;
• Provides appropriate business software and technology skills which are necessary in everyday life, whether it is basic computer skills or advanced technical skills;
• Every job today requires some form of technology skills. ITA will provide today’s generations these skills.
Pictures of students participating in the Microsoft IT Academy Programme can be seen below: